WORLD MEETING CORP.
IS A COMPANY THAT,
AS P.C.O. AND A TRAVEL AGENT,
PROVIDES OVER ALL SERVICE RELATING TO CONGRESSES
(1) Organize and manage national and international conferences
WMC can help its clients hold national and international conferences
efficiently in all stages, from the basic arrangements to publicity
work, communications with participants, hotel arrangements and
management of the conference itself. (Refer to "WMC Manual for
Successful Conferences" for more detail.)
- Cradle stage : Determine a management committee, budget and place
of the conference.
- Early stage : Send an official announcement to prospective participants.
Obtain acknowledgement from guest to the conference.
- Middle stage : Receive abstracts, registration and applications
- Late stage : Print programs and abstracts books and make necessary
adjustments of hotel accommodations.
- Last minute stage : Set up the conference place and brief the
- Post conference Stage : Send accounting and auditing reports to
the clients and send thank-you letters to the guests, etc.
(2) Represent academic societies
As a permanent secretariat office for academic societies, WMC
solicits new members, maintain members' lists, collect membership
fees, and provide all relevant service to the client including
publicity work, publishing and communications.
(3) Organize events and seminars
WMC plans and organizes seminars about new products, inaugural
for new professors, get-together parties for new members of national
and international academic societies, etc.
What is P.C.O.(Professional Congress Organizer)?
It is a commercial enterprise that handles all kinds of work in
connection with congresses. In Europe, there are P.C.O.s which
have a long history. In Japan also, in recent years, several companies
have launched a P.C.O. business and have attained considerable
achievements. World Meeting Corp. is no exception. As a P.C.O.
having the travel department as well, we have helped in organizing
and operating both national and international congresses.
By making the most of the service provided by a P.C.O., we believe
the doctors hosting the international congresses can lessen the
energy of the staff-wise and time-wise.
The function of P.C.O. can be summarized as follows:
- Overall consulting work in connection with organizing and operating
- Make and manage congress budget
- Assist in financing and fund-raising work
- Congress secretariat work-make correspondences, administer registration
- Assist in operating preparatory committee and make minutes of
- Public relations and promotion
- Make announcement, program and other printed materials
- Plan and organize social events ( Reception, Banquet, etc. )
- Arrange and administer Congress operations staff members
- Make or arrange AV equipments, sign boards, etc.
World Meeting Corp.'s work as a travel agent widely ranges as
- Arrange and book hotel rooms
- Organize accompanying person's program, excursion and optional
tours during the session
- Arrange travel before and after the Congress
- Make documents for entry visa
- Arrange and book air tickets
As explained above, World Meeting Corp. offers overall assistance
for the success of the congress.
||World Meeting Corp.
1-29-16-201 Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-0022
TEL. 03-3350-0363 FAX. 03-3341-1830